Saturday, January 3, 2015

Installing Ubuntu 14 on a pcDuino3 - FAIL

Attempting to upgrade my pcDuino3 to the new Ubuntu 14 image. The process has been a bit... challenging. 

Here are the steps I followed.

Here were my results.




The Ubuntu image I downloaded from linksprite seems incomplete and will not write to either of my two micro-SD cards using the PhoenixCard software. I get the following error.

Note: I was using Windows 7 to prepare my micro-SD card for the installation.

I have contacted tech support however they mention they are on vacation until the 5th. Oh-well.. I will wait.

UPDATE - 2015/01/09

Turns out this was my fault. At the very bottom of the page it stated that my pcDuino3b needs to use the PhoenixCard version v3.09.  Grr! I will not kick my self in the buttocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment